A new and accurate survey of the island of Minorca : a particualr plan of the harbour of Mahon and its fortifications, with a map of the Mediterranean Sea, shewing the situation of that island and those of Majorca and Yvica, the ports of Barcelona, Alicant, Cartagena, Malaga, Gibraltar, Cadiz, Lisbon, Oporto, &c. on the European coast, and those of Tangier, Ceuta, Tetuan, Oran, Algier, &c. on that of Barbary, with prospects of the town of Mahon and St. Philip's Castle, taken on the spot and lately brought from thence / drawn and engrav'd by Captn. Lempriere ...
- [London] : I. Rocque ..., 1753.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : ill. ; 27 x 55 cm., on sheet 55 x 75 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 14Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:144,000].
- This copy is bound with: Plan de la ville et foubourgs [sic] de York / Peter Chassereau. [London] : J. Rocque, 1750. This vol. supposedly belonged to John Rocque.
Inset: A map of part of the Mediterranean Sea -- North east prospect of St. Philips Castle -- North prospect of Mahon
Relief shown pictorially.
- Subject Terms:
- Minorca (Spain) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Rocque, John -- Publisher.Rocque, John, -1762 -- Provenance.
- Etchings -- 1753.
YCBA Collections Search
Lemprière, Clement, A new and accurate survey of the island of Minorca , 1753
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.