Grierson, George, -1753, A mapp of the kingdom of Ireland , 1740]
- A mapp of the kingdom of Ireland : newly corrected & improv'd by actual observations : divided into its provinces, counties, & baronies, and supply'd with many market towns & other places of note omitted in former mapps ... : together with plans of the citys and fortified towns / as allso a short description of the kingdom by Henry Pratt ; to this map is added a large index of the measur'd distances of ev'ry town from Dublin, of the burroughs, barracks, and post towns with many other improuements and emendations.
- [Dublin : G. Grierson, 1740].
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 4 sheets ; 240 x 186 cm., on sheets 66 x 55 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 14Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:250,000].
- Map & accompanying material bound with: Plan de la ville et foubourgs [sic] de York / Peter Chassereau. [London] : J. Rocque, 1750. This vol. supposedly belonged to John Rocque.
Borders between counties are hand-colored.
Title at top of map reads: Tabula Hiberniæ novissima et emendatissima.
Dedication signed: George Grierson.
Publisher, place & date from BM Maps.
Inset: The sea coast of Great Britain and Ireland
Relief shown pictorially.
Accompanied by an index giving names of cities, their distances from Dublin, & their locations on the map ( leaves).
Also accompanied by: A new list of the barracks in Ireland ... 1752 ( leaf) -- A description of the kingdom of Ireland / [by Henry Pratt] ( leaves)
- Subject Terms:
- Grierson, George -- Publisher.Ireland -- Distances.Ireland -- History -- 18th century.Ireland -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Rocque, John, -1762 -- Provenance.
- Etchings -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.