Oakley, Edward, active 18th century, A new and exact plan of Dunkerk, [17--]
A new and exact plan of Dunkerk.
- [London] : Ed. Okley [i.e. Oakley] ..., [17--].
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 30 x 49 cm., on sheet 40 x 55 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 14Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- This copy bound with: Plan de la ville et foubourgs [sic] de York / Peter Chassereau. [London] : J. Rocque, 1750. This vol. supposedly belonged to John Rocque, who died 1762.
BM Maps has date of [1770?] but it probably dates ca. 1760 or earlier.
Engraved by Robert Benning, who fl. 1746-1761.
Relief shown pictorially.
- Subject Terms:
- Dunkerque (France) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Oakley, Edward, 18th cent. -- Publisher.Rocque, John, d. 1762 -- Provenance.
- Etchings -- [17--].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.