Wyld, James, 1812-1887, Map of the Ottoman Empire, the Black Sea and the frontiers of Russia and Persia , 1853
Map of the Ottoman Empire, the Black Sea and the frontiers of Russia and Persia / by James Wyld.
- London : J. Wyld ..., 1853.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on linen ; 39 x 59 cm., folded to 17 x 11 cm., in covers 18 x 12 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG7430 W9 1853View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 4,500,000].
- Inset: Bosphorus -- Dardanelles -- Port of Batoum in the Black Sea -- Harbour of Sevastopol -- Port of Odessa
Relief shown by hachures.
Title stamped on front cover reads: Theatre of war in Turkey.
- Subject Terms:
- Crimean War, 1853-1856 -- Maps.Soviet Union -- Maps.Turkey -- History -- Ottoman Empire, 1288-1918 -- Maps.Turkey -- Maps.Wyld, James -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1853.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.