A map of Scotland : divided into counties, shewing the principal roads, railways, rivers, canals, lochs, mountains, islands, &c. : on a scale of five miles to an inch / drawn by F.A. Carrington ; the hills by G.W. Carrington ; engraved by I. Dower ; etched by T. Harwood.
- London : Edward Stanford ; 1856.
Edinburgh : Edmonston & Douglas, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., mounted on linen ; map 183 x 126 cm., sheets 106 x 135 cm. and 85 x 135 cm., folded to 22 x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5770 C37 1856Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [1:316,800].
- "Corrected to 1856."
Includes a view of Melrose Abbey. Engraved by H. Griffiths; after T. Allom.
Relief shown by hachures.
- Subject Terms:
- Edmonston & Douglas -- Publisher.Stanford, Edward -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1856.
Steel engravings -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
Carrington, F. A. (Frederick Augustus), 1801-1860, A map of Scotland , 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.