Gems of American scenery , 1878
- Gems of American scenery : consisting of stereoscopic views among the White Mountains : with descriptive text : illustrations by the Albertype process, Bierstadt Patent, March 21, 1876.
- New-York : Harroun & Bierstadt, 1878.
- Physical Description:
- , 99,  pages : illustrations, maps ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF41.5 .G46 1878Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Frontispiece map of the White Mountains drawn by H.F. Krause.
Printed on one side of leaf only (every other opening is blank). Each stereostopic image faces a page of descritive text.
Stereoscopic viewer built into cover flap.
Preface signed: E.B. [Edward Bierstadt], New York, Sept. 1875.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown cloth. Upper cover includes additional flap with viewer (lenses) inserted.
- Plymouth, N.H. -- The Flume -- The Pool -- The Basin -- The Old Man of the Mountain -- Profile Lake -- Echo Lake -- Beecher's Cascade -- Elephant's Head and Gate of the Notch -- Ripley's Falls -- White Mountain Notch from Mt. Willey -- Willey House -- Upper Falls of the Ammonoosuc -- Mt. Washington Railway and Summit -- View from Mt. Washington Carriage Road -- Mt. Washington from the Glen -- Emerald Pool -- Thompson's Cascades -- Crystal Cascade -- Glen Ellis Falls -- North Conway, N.H. -- The Cathedral -- Centre Harbor, N.H.
- Subject Terms:
- Kilbourne, Frederick Wilkinson, 1872- -- Bookplate.New Hampshire -- Pictorial works.Stereoscopic views -- White Mountains (N.H. and Me.)Waterfalls -- New Hampshire.White Mountains (N.H. and Me.) -- Maps.White Mountains (N.H. and Me.) -- Pictorial works.
- Optical instruments.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.