Gems of American scenery : consisting of stereoscopic views among the White Mountains : with descriptive text : illustrations by the Albertype process, Bierstadt Patent, March 21, 1876.
- New-York : Harroun & Bierstadt, 1878.
- Physical Description:
- , 99,  pages : illustrations, maps ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF41.5 .G46 1878Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Frontispiece map of the White Mountains drawn by H.F. Krause.
Printed on one side of leaf only (every other opening is blank). Each stereostopic image faces a page of descritive text.
Stereoscopic viewer built into cover flap.
Preface signed: E.B. [Edward Bierstadt], New York, Sept. 1875.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown cloth. Upper cover includes additional flap with viewer (lenses) inserted.
- Subject Terms:
- Kilbourne, Frederick Wilkinson, 1872- -- Bookplate.New Hampshire -- Pictorial works.Stereoscopic views -- White Mountains (N.H. and Me.)Waterfalls -- New Hampshire.White Mountains (N.H. and Me.) -- Maps.White Mountains (N.H. and Me.) -- Pictorial works.
- Optical instruments.
- IIIF Manifest:
- Plymouth, N.H.
- The Flume
- The Pool
- The Basin
- The Old Man of the Mountain
- Profile Lake
- Echo Lake
- Beecher's Cascade
- Elephant's Head and Gate of the Notch
- Ripley's Falls
- White Mountain Notch from Mt. Willey
- Willey House
- Upper Falls of the Ammonoosuc
- Mt. Washington Railway and Summit
- View from Mt. Washington Carriage Road
- Mt. Washington from the Glen
- Emerald Pool
- Thompson's Cascades
- Crystal Cascade
- Glen Ellis Falls
- North Conway, N.H.
- The Cathedral
- Centre Harbor, N.H.