Cary's New universal atlas : containing distinct maps of all the principal states and kingdoms throughout the world from the latest and best authorities extant.
- London : Printed for J. Cary, engraved map-seller, N. 181. near Norfolk Street, Strand, 1808.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas ( p.,  leaves of plates (some folded)) : 60 maps ; 57 cm. (fol.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAtlas 5 (Folio A)Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Scales vary.
- BEIN: Karpinski 4855 (1982 Folio 9)
Beinecke Library copy matches description in Nat. Maritime Mus. Library. Cat., except that the map of Portugal is dated 1801.
In Beinecke copy the list of contents is mounted on verso of first fly-leaf, alphabetical subscriber's list (p. -) has p.  misbound; t.p. varies from that in the Franklin Collection.
Title on 2 leaves.
Maps hand colored.
Nat. Maritime Mus. Library. Cat., v. 3, p. 361.
- Subject Terms:
- Atlases -- Early works to 1800.Atlases, British.
YCBA Collections Search
Cary, John, approximately 1754-1835, Cary's New universal atlas , 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.