Culs de lampe.
- Northampton, Mass. : Gehenna Press, 1968.
- Physical Description:
- 20,  leaves : all ill. (some col.) ; 16 x 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7740 .C85 1968Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A collection of head and tail-pieces from 16th and 17th century books.
"250 copies ... have been printed at The Gehenna Press, Northampton, Massachusetts. The papers are Nideggen and Fabriano blue and white. Harold McGrath was the pressman. The work finished 1968."--colophon.
- Subject Terms:
- Book ornamentation.Emblems.Printers' marks.Printers' ornaments.Printing -- Specimens.
- Woodcuts -- 1968.
Woodcuts -- 1968.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.