Apollonius of Tyre : Historia Apollonii Regis Tyri / translated from the Latin by Paul Turner ; line-engravings by Mark Severin.
- Additional Title(s):
Apollonius of Tyre. English.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1956.
- Physical Description:
- 68 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA3871.A8 E56 1956+Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Designed, produced and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, New Bond Street, London. The composition in Bembo type, the presswork on Saunders' mould-made paper, and the collotyping have been done at the Chiswick Press. The bindings are by Mansell's. The edition is limited to 300 copies. Nos. 1-75 are specially bound and accompanied by an extra set of engravings, with one not in the book, all printed direct from the copper plates."--Verso of title page.
BAC: British Art Center is copy no. 21 of 300, with the set of seven extra engravings. Bound in full calf. Set of extra  plates in portfolio laid in back.
- Subject Terms:
- Apollonius of Tyre (Fictitious character) -- Romances.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Etchings -- 1956.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.