Tour of the Grand Junction : illustrated with a series of engravings; with an historical and topographical description of those parts of the counties of Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, and Northamptonshire through which the canal passes / by J. Hassell..
- London : Printed for J. Hassell, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 147 p., 24 leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.G7 H29 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.G7 H29 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by W. Flint.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 30
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. The title of copy 1 reads in part "Illustrated in a series"; the title of copy 2 differs, reading in part "illustraed with a series." The dedication leaf (p. iii-iv) is lacking in copy 1. Two plates in copy 2 are watermarked 1822; the plates in copy 1 are watermarked 1817. Copy 1 is a presentation copy from the author to the editor of the Gentleman's Magazine [John Nichols]; copy 2 has the bookplate of Charles Edward Barnett.
- Subject Terms:
- Barnett, Charles Edward -- Bookplate.England -- Description and travel.Flint, W. -- Printer.Grand Junction Canal (England)Hassell, John -- Pres. insc. to John Nichols.Morse, William Inglis, b. 1874 -- Bookplate & autograph.Nichols, John -- Pres. insc. from John Hassell.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819. .
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.