Batty, Captain (Robert), -1848, Scenery of the Rhine, Belgium and Holland , 1826
- Scenery of the Rhine, Belgium and Holland / from drawings by Captn. Batty.
- London : R, Jennings, 1826.
- Physical Description:
- 10,  p., 61 leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1724 .B388 1826+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN: Beinecke copy 1 imperfect: front. wanting. (1983 +97)
Steel engravings by Edward Blore, Robert Brandard, John Byrne, Letitia Byrne, William Bernard Cooke, George James Corbould, J.C. Edwards, Edward Francis Finden, John Godden, Edward Goodall, Charles Heath, Thomas Higham, Samuel Lacey, John Landseer, Henry Le Keux, J. Miller, Charles Pye, James C. Redaway, William Raymond Smith, William Tombleson, John Charles Varrall, Robert Wallis, and W. Woolnoth; after Captain Batty.
Printed by G. Schulze, Poland Street, London.
Title page is engraved, with vignette of the Place Royale, Brussels.
Page of descriptive letterpress in English accompanies each plate with a French translation on verso of page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half maroon morocco with marbled boards. Bookplate: James Frothingham Hunnewell.
- Views on the Neckar -- Views on the Mayne -- Views on the Rhine -- Views in Belgium -- Views in Holland.
- Subject Terms:
- Belgium -- Pictorial works.Hopkins, Sarah M. -- Presentation inscription from her father.Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate.Jennings, R. -- Publisher.Leather, Gerard F. T. -- Bookplate.Netherlands -- Pictorial works.Rhine River Valley -- Pictorial works.Schulze, G. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1826.
Steel engravings -- 1826.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.