The life of a sportsman / by Nimrod ; with thirty-six coloured illustrations by Henry Alken.
- London : Rudolph Ackermann, Eclipse Sporting Gallery, 191, Regent Street, MDCCCXLII 
London : Wright and Co., Printers, 76, Fleet Street
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 402,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .N56 1842 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .N56 1842 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Added engraved title page included in number of plates.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 65
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 167
BEIN: Beinecke copies in blue cloth (1st issue) with plate p. 348 lettered "The Tanderm" (2nd issue)
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in publisher's original blue cloth. First issue of the first editon: four plates mounted and plate  lettered "The Shooting Drag a le Tandem." Publisher's advertisements, 8 pages at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in 19th century full red morocco by Bayntun. Lacks publisher's advertisments. Four plates mounted and plate  lettered "The Tanderm" (2nd issue)
- Subject Terms:
- Bayntun -- Binder.Burley, Mrs. William -- AutographCoaching (Transportation) -- Great Britain.Faber, W. -- StampFox hunting.Horse racingHorse sports.Hunting.Terry, Roderick, 1849-1933 -- BookplateWright and Co. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1842.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.