Horace, Quinti Horatii Flacci Opera, MDCCXXXIII-MDCCXXXVII [1733-1737]
Quinti Horatii Flacci Opera.
- Additional Title(s):
Qvinti Horatii Flacci opera
- Londini : Aeneis tabulis incidit Johannes Pine, MDCCXXXIII-MDCCXXXVII [1733-1737]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. (engraved), maps (engraved) ; 24 cm. (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA6393 A3 1733 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA6393 A3 1733 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Brüggemann, L.W. View of the English editions, translations and illustrations of the ancient Greek and Latin authors, v. 1, p. 585
BEIN Altschul 5: "List of the antiques in the first volume of Horace": 1 fold. l. at end of v. 1.
BEIN Altschul 5: Bound by Zaehnsdorf.
First impression of this edition, with "post est" on the medal of Augustus Caesar, v. 2, p. 108. This error was corrected to "potest" in the later impressions. Cf. Schweiger, F.L.A. Handbuch der classischen Bibliographie.
Illustrations and text printed from engraved copper plates.
English short title catalogue, T46226
Catalogo ragionato dei libri d'arte e d'antichità posseduti dal conte Cicognara, 1102
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the first impression with the error "post est" on the medal of Augustus Caesar. With the bookplate of Robert Hudson.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is a later impression with error "post est" corrected to "postest." With a prize book bookplate to John Bury from Trinity College, Dublin, 1742.
- Subject Terms:
- Bury, John, 1725-1764 -- Prize award, 1742. (BACRB Copy 2)Engraving -- Specimens -- 1733-1737.Epistolary poetry, Latin.Hudson, Robert -- Bookplate. (BACRB Copy 1)Laudatory poetry, Latin.Loveden, Edward Loveden -- Bookplate (BEIN 1984 2)Morse, William Inglis, b. 1874 -- Stamp (BEIN 1984 2)Rome -- Poetry.Verse satire, Latin.Zaehnsdorf, Joseph William, 1853-1930 -- Binding (BEIN Altschul 5)
- v. 1. Praefatio
- Q. Horatii Flacii vita
- Carmen seculare
- v. 2. Satyrarum
- De arte poetica
- Figurarum explicatio.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.