Burton, Richard Francis, Sir, 1821-1890, First footsteps in East Africa, or, An exploration of Harar, 1856
- First footsteps in East Africa, or, An exploration of Harar. By Richard F. Burton ...
- London, Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- xl p., 1 l., 648 p. 2 col. pl. (incl. front.) 2 col. port., map, plan. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT401 B97 1856Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Appendices: I. Diary and observations made by Lieutenant Speke, while attempting to reach the Wady Nogal.--II. Grammatical outline and vocabulary of the Harari language.--III. Meteorological observations in the cold season of 1854-5. By Lieutenants Herne, Stroyan, and Burton.--IV. [Omitted]--V. A condensed account of an attempt to reach Harar from Ankobar [by William Barker]
Abbey, J. R. Travel 276
Printed by Spottiswoode & Co., New-Street-Square.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Binders label reads: Edmonds & Remnants.
Illustrations by M[ichael] & N[icholas] Hanhart; after Dutercq, J[ohn] Brander and Howard Douglas.
- Subject Terms:
- Edmonds & Remnants -- Binder.Hanhart, M. & N -- Printer.Harari language.Hārer (Ethiopia) -- Description and travel.Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans -- Publisher.Somalia -- Description and travel.Spottiswoode & Co. -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1856.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.