IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850, Wordsworth's Poems for the young , 1863
Wordsworth's Poems for the young / with fifty illustrations by John Macwhirter and John Pettie, and a vignette by J.E. Millais. ; engraved by Dalziel Brothers.
- Additional Title(s):
Poems for the young
- London : Alexander Strahan & Co., 1863.
- Physical Description:
- x, 91, , 10 p. : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5850 .E63Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Healey, G.H. Cornell Wordsworth coll., 191
Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, II, 671
Publisher's advertisements, 10 p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and black-stamped red cloth, with gilt edges. Binder's ticket: Bound by Burn 37 & 38 Kirby St. Inscribed: Mr. W. Stephens from Miss Withers Jany. 30. 1863. Embossed bookseller's stamp of J. & T. Spencer of Leicester.
- Subject Terms:
- Alexander Strahan & Co. -- Publisher.Burn -- Bookbinder.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1863.J. & T. Spencer -- Bookseller.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Stephens, Mr. W. -- Pres. insc. from Miss Withers, June 30, 1863.Withers, Miss -- Pres. insc. to Mr. W. Stephens, June 30, 1863.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.