The book beautiful and the binding as art / bibliographical descriptions by Peter A. Wick ... ; introduction by Eleanor M. Garvey ... ; photographs by Mark Sexton.
- New York : John F. Fleming ; c1983.
Boston : Priscilla Juvelis, c1983.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ276 .W53 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- A collection of 20th century bindings belonging to Carlos Scherrer and his successor, and offered for sale en bloc until November 1, 1983.
"Seven hundred and fifty copies ... for sale ... one hundred copies hors commerce"--Colophon.
- Subject Terms:
- Book covers -- Catalogs.Book design -- Catalogs.Book ornamentation -- Catalogs.Decoration and ornament -- Catalogs.Illustration of books -- 20th century -- Catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
Wick, Peter A, The book beautiful and the binding as art , c1983