Hanoverian and Saxon scenery / from drawings by Lieut. Colonel Batty, F.R.S. Member of the Imperial Russian Order of St. Anne.
- Additional Title(s):
Hanoverian, Saxon and Danish scenery
- London : Robert Jennings, 1829.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1724 .B388 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- MUDD,ZETA Jn33 023: 1st p. l. wanting.
Half-title: Hanoverian, Saxon and Danish scenery.
Engravings by William Raymond Smith, Robert Wallis, Thomas Higham, John Charles Varrall, John Godden, J.H. Kernot, James C. Redaway, Alfred Robert Freebairn, Letitia Byrne, and Edward Goodall; after Robert Batty.
Each plate accompanied by page of text in English on recto with French translation on verso.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
BAC: British Art Center copy is a large paper copy, 38 cm., with mounted plates within recessed border on India paper in two states, proofs before letters and after letters. Bound in green morocco over wooden boards, borders and panels formed by rolls in gilt and blind stamp, gilt tooled and panelled back, pink watered-silk linings, gilt inside borders. Bookplate: E.M. Ms. inscription on recto of preliminary half-title leaf: Ernest Martineau.
- Subject Terms:
- Bigelow, Caroline J. -- Presentation inscription from her father (BEIN)Denmark -- Description and travel.Denmark -- Pictorial works.Etching -- Specimens -- 1829.Germany -- Description and travel.Germany -- Pictorial works.Jennings, Robert -- Publisher.Martineau, Ernest -- Autograph.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Batty, Captain (Robert), -1848, Hanoverian and Saxon scenery , 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.