Evans, Grose, Benjamin West and the taste of his times, 1959
Benjamin West and the taste of his times.
- Carbondale, Southern Illinois University Press, 1959.
- Physical Description:
- 144 p. 73 illus., col. plate. 32 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 W52 E85 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Bibliography: p. 129-138.
- Subject Terms:
- West, Benjamin, 1738-1820.
- Background for West's history painting
- The stately mode
- The dread manner
- The pathetic style