Somerville, E. Œ. (Edith Œnone), 1858-1949, The States through Irish eyes,, 1930
The States through Irish eyes, by E. Œ. Somerville. Illustrated by the author.
- Boston, Houghton Mifflin company, 1930.
New York, Houghton Mifflin company, 1930.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p. l., 199,  p. front., illus., plates. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2048Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 386
BEIN 1985 250: Provenance: This copy has author's autograph.
BEIN 1978 867: Provenance: This copy has author's autograph and bookplate of Harry Worcester Smith.
BEIN 1978 867: In case as issued.
BEIN 1978 868: Provenance: This copy has bookplate of Elizabeth Hudson.
BEIN 1978 868: 23 cm. One p.l. wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Diaper-grain red cloth; stamped in gilt on front cover and spine, gold lettering on spine, untrimmed. (The diaper-grain can barely be distinguished from the smooth calico-texture of the cloth.) Spine height: 9 7/8 inches. In red board covered sleeve; white paper labels printed in black on front and back covers and spine. Plates, 8 plates of halftone-photoengravings, 13 different line-photoengravings, employed in 22 places as chapter-heads and as the end-piece. Illustrations by the author. Impression of 375 copies, 350 for sale. This copy designated as a "Presentation copy" (1 of 25?), signed by the author. Spine height: 10 1/8 inches.
"This edition consists of three hundred and seventy-five copies autographed by the author, of which three hundred and fifty are for sale."
Hudson, p. 50-51
- Subject Terms:
- Hudson, Elizabeth -- Bookplate.Smith, Harry Worcester, 1865-1945 -- Bookplate.Somerville, E. Œ. (Edith Œnone), 1858-1949 -- Autograph.United States -- Description and travel.United States -- Social life and customs -- 1918-1945.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.