The history of Jack & the bean-stalk / edited and illustrated with six etchings by George Cruikshank.
- Additional Title(s):
Jack and the beanstalk.
- London : David Bogue, 86 Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 32 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3991.A1 J33 1854Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by G. Barclay, Castle St. Leicester Sq.
At head of title: George Cruikshank's fairy library.
Printed wrappers, the front engraved by Thomas Williams.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 197
Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, p. 596
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half red calf and marbled boards. List of illustrations precedes frontispiece. Frontispiece is the plate "Jack climbing the bean-stalk". Plate at p. 28 is "Fairies tie the giant up in the bean-stalk".
BAC: British Art Center copy has bound with it: Cinderella and the glass slipper / edited and illustrated ... by George Cruikshank. London : D. Bogue, ; and, Hop-o'my-thumb / edited and illustrated ... by George Cruikshank. London : D. Bogue, .
Publisher's advertisement on back printed wrapper.
- Subject Terms:
- Barclay, G. -- Printer.Bogue, David -- Publisher.Children's stories.Etching -- Specimens -- 1854.Giants -- Juvenile fiction.Mothers and sons -- Juvenile fiction.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.
- Juvenile literature -- England -- London -- 1854.
Fairy tales -- England -- London -- 1854.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.