A description of Hagley, Envil and the Leasowes : wherein all the Latin inscriptions are translated, and every particular beauty described : interspersed with critical observations.
- Birmingham : Printed by M. Swinney, for the author, and sold by G. Robinson in London; by J.W. Piercy in Coventry; and J. Meer, Stourbridge, [1775?]
- Physical Description:
- 142 pages ; 17 cm (12 mo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA660.H44 D47 1775Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Anonymously published. By Joseph Heely. See NUC.
Date of publication from ESTC.
Probably the "concise account" mentioned in Heely's Letters on the beauty of Hagley ... 1777.
May have been issued with a half-title.
In imprint "Piercy"; a variant has "Piercey".
English short title catalogue, T88599
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks half-title. Bound in contemporary gilt- and blind-tooled calf; rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Comerford, James -- Bookplate.Enville (Staffordshire) -- Description and travel.Hagley (Worcestershire, England) -- Description and travel.Jervis, F. M. -- Autograph, 1821.Leasowes Garden (Halesowen, England) -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Heely, Joseph, A description of Hagley, Envil and the Leasowes , [1775?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.