Drawing for schools : containing expositions of the method of teaching drawing in schools ; a full explanation of the practice of model drawing after the method of Dupuis, as first practised at the Battersea Training College ; the principles and practice of outline and perspective drawing : together with numerous illustrations and drawing exercises / by Thomas Tate, F.R.A.S., of Kneller Training College, Twickenham; late mathematical professor and lecturer on chemistry in the National Society's Training College, Battersea. Author of "The principles of the differential and integral calculus;" " A treatise on the strength of materials;" "The principles of geometry and mensuration," etc. etc.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1854.
- Physical Description:
- , 45,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC650 .T38 1854Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Twelve drawing exercises on fifteen leaves of plates.
Printed by A. and G. A. Spottiswoode, New-Street, Square.
BAC: British Art Center copy has binder's label: Bound by Edmond & Remnants, London. Bound in blind- and gilt-stamped green cloth publisher's binding. Inscribed: W.F. Read. Bookplate: Ex libris Mon: S: Greg: MHG: de Dounside
- Subject Terms:
- A. and G. A. Spottiswoode -- Printer.Drawing -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Edmonds & Remnants -- Binder.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Greg, S, Mon. -- Bookplate.Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans -- Publisher.Read, W. F. -- Autograph.
- Wood engravings -- 1854.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.