The school of arts, or, Fountain of knowledge , 
- The school of arts, or, Fountain of knowledge : containing several hundred truly valuable and useful receipts selected from the works and communications of the most eminent British artists : particularly adpated for the use, emolument, and pleasure of the public in general and the encouragement of arts, manufactures, and science.
- Alternate Title(s):
- School of arts
Fountain of knowledge
- London : Printed for W. Darton, Jun., 58, Holborn-Hill, 
- Physical Description:
- , viii-xii, , 14-64 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT160 .S36 1819Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The first edition of the Fountain of knowledge was published in 1784 under title: British legacy, or Fountain of knowledge.
BAC: British Art Center copy folded plate has been cropped affecting date of publication: March 181. Bound in recent boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Chemistry, Technical.Decorative arts.Engraving -- Specimens -- Industrial arts -- Great Britain.Recipes.Workshop recipes.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.