IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The school of arts, or, Fountain of knowledge , 
The school of arts, or, Fountain of knowledge : containing several hundred truly valuable and useful receipts selected from the works and communications of the most eminent British artists : particularly adpated for the use, emolument, and pleasure of the public in general and the encouragement of arts, manufactures, and science.
- Additional Title(s):
School of arts
Fountain of knowledge
- London : Printed for W. Darton, Jun., 58, Holborn-Hill, 
- Physical Description:
- , viii-xii, , 14-64 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT160 .S36 1819Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- The first edition of the Fountain of knowledge was published in 1784 under title: British legacy, or Fountain of knowledge.
BAC: British Art Center copy folded plate has been cropped affecting date of publication: March 181. Bound in recent boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Chemistry, Technical.Decorative arts.Engraving -- Specimens -- Industrial arts -- Great Britain.Recipes.Workshop recipes.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.