How to sketch from nature, or, Perspective and its application / by Newton Fielding ; formerly teacher of landscape painting in the family of His Late Majesty the King of the French.
- Additional Title(s):
How to sketch from nature
Perspective and its application
- London : Barnard, 339, Oxford Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 54 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1500 .H3713 1880Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1500 .H3713 1880Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Adams and Gee, Middle Street, Cloth Fair, London.
Date of publication from NSTC.
Includes wood-engraved illustrations throughout the text. Some of the engravings signed: C. Stevens.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: Practical manual of painting, by Ernest Hareux. Second edition. (London : G. Rowney And Company, [between 1880 and1895]), and four other titles. The volume is inscribed: Enid Coombes: A present from her father. Also signed in ms below the above inscription: Mary Russell, Kathleen Russell.
- Subject Terms:
- Adams and Gee -- Printer.Barnard -- Publisher.Coombes, Enid -- Pres. inscription from her father.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Landscape drawing -- Study and teaching.Landscape drawing -- Technique.Perspective -- Study and teaching.Perspective -- Technique.Russell, Kathleen -- Provenance.Russell, Mary -- Provenance.
- Drawing books -- England -- 19th century.
Wood engravings -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
Fielding, Newton Limbird Smith, 1799-1856, How to sketch from nature, or, Perspective and its application , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.