The art of painting and drawing in coloured crayons : being a course of instruction for the execution of portraiture and landscape / by Henry Murray, F.S.A.
- Nineteenth edition.
- London : Winsor & Newton, Limited, Rathbone Place, [187-?]
- Physical Description:
- 60 p. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1500 .H3713 1880Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by William Clowes and Sons, Limited, Stamford Street and Charing Cross, London.
Date of publicatioin from NSTC.
First published in 1856.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: Practical manual of painting, by Ernest Hareux. Second edition. (London : G. Rowney And Company, [between 1880 and1895]), and four other titles. The volume is inscribed: Enid Coombes: A present from her father. Also signed in ms below the above inscription: Mary Russell, Kathleen Russell.
- Subject Terms:
- Color drawing -- Technique.Coombes, Enid -- Pres. inscription from her father.Crayon drawing -- Technique.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Russell, Kathleen -- Provenance.Russell, Mary -- Provenance.William Clowes and Sons -- Printer.Winsor & Newton -- Publisher.
- Drawing books.
- Drawing in coloured crayons
- The composition of pastels
- Colouring matters
- The preparation of the colours
- The preparation of crayons
- Bases and primitives
- Tints and tones
- The method of working in coloured crayons
- Colour, and the composition of tints
- Draperies, backgrounds, &c.
- Colouring on vellum
- Landscape painting in crayons
- The paper
- The sketch and execution
- To fix crayon drawings
- Fixing by transudation
- Fixing by immersion
- Fixing by aspersion
- Fixing by steam.