The Royal menagerie : a collection of the best caricatures which have appeared in Paris since the late Revolution.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Charles Tilt, 86, Fleet Street, MDCCCXXXI 
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill ; 12 x 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1495 .R69 1831Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates are miniatures of separately issued French caricatures which reflect the political change of the 1830 revolution. Explanatory remarks on each plate in French and translated into English.
Cover title on illustrated wrappers: Ménagerie royale.
All illustrations are unsigned.
Two of the caricatures are cited in George: "Ayez pitie d'un pauvre aveugle" and "Wellington et Charles X".
With a preliminary half-title leaf.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum, 16236
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum, 16838
BAC: British Art Center copy disbound on mounted guard stubs. Original tan paper wrappers bound in.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Caricatures and cartoons, France.Etching -- Specimens -- 1831.France -- History -- July Revolution, 1830 -- Caricatures and cartoons.France -- Politics and government -- 19th century.French wit and humor, Pictorial.Satire, English.Tilt, Charles -- Publisher.Wit and humor, Pictorial.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.