A new general atlas; containing a geographical and historical account of all the empires, kingdoms, and other dominions of the world: with the natural history and trade of each country. Taken from the best authors, particularly Cluverius [and others] The maps are all engraven or revised by Mr. Senex.
- London, Printed for Daniel Browne ... [etc.], 1721.
- Physical Description:
- , 272, 141-261,  p. XIII plates on 7 l., 31 double maps, 3 double plans. 56 cm.
- Rare Books and Manuscripts(Folio A) Atlas 31Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1986 Folio 9: Maps are hand-colored.
BEIN 1976 Folio 116: Imperfect: 6 maps (England; Scotland; Ireland; Turkey, Arabia and Persia; Virginia and Maryland; and Mississippi) wanting.
BEIN 1973 Folio 41: Imperfect: wanting p. [1-4] including t.-p., p. [6-11] at end, p. 37-38, 67-72, 129-132, 205-212, 221-228, 245-248 of first count, 157-160, 163-164, 169-180, 209-212 and 223-224 of second count, plates 1-8, 13, and all maps and plans; p. [5-8], 1-2, and plates 9-12 mutilated.
Cf. Phillips 563.
Signatures: [*]⁴ B-Zzz² Aaa-Gggg² Hhhh-Nnnn¹
- Subject Terms:
- Atlases -- Early works to 1800.Geography -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.