Miller, Thomas, 1799 or 1800-1854, Thomas Miller, manufacturer of the most improved water and oil colours , [approximately 1840]
Thomas Miller, manufacturer of the most improved water and oil colours : (52, Long Acre), and 33, Rathbone Place, London.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Thomas Miller, [approximately 1840]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 14 x 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8551.G7 M55 1840 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Trade card, printed letterpress.
Underneath the heading is a 13-stanza poem titled "The painter's regret".
"Music of the above will be shortly published, at 33, Rathbone Place."
"Thomas Miller ... at 33 Rathbone Place 1840-1841, 56 Long Acre 1841-1873. Artists' colourmen ... He was recorded at 56 Long Acre in the 1851 census, as Artists Colourman, age 51, born Andover, Hampshire, wife Henrietta, age 50, son Alfred, age 18, and six daughters. He died in 1854."--National Portrait Gallery, British artists' suppliers, 1650-1950 (online, accessed Aug. 8, 2013).
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Poetry.Artists' materials -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Artists' materials industry -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Miller, Thomas, 1799 or 1800-1854.Painting -- Poetry.Pigments -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Watercolor painting -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- Trade cards (advertising)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.