Short and plain principles of linear perspective, adapted to naval architecture : containing rules to draw correctly the forms of ships in every possible position : the whole being rendered so clear that a complete knowledge of the art may be soon and easily attained : illustrated with five copper plates / by A. Cobin.
- Additional Title(s):
Principles of perspective adapted to naval architecture
- The fourth edition, revised and corrected.
- London : Printed for D. Steel, at his navigation warehouse, No. 1, Union-Row, the lower-end of the Minories, Little Tower-Hill, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- , 6,  p., V folded leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVM297 .C63 1794Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Caption title and running title: Principles of perspective adapted to naval architecture.
Engravings by J. Gibson and Vincent Woodthorpe.
"Price 3s. sewed"--Foot of title page.
English short title catalogue, T112549
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter green morocco with marbled paper covers, gilt stamped: Newby Hall. Bookplate of the Earls of Grantham on inside of upper board.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1794.Grantham -- Bookplate.Mechanical drawing -- Early works to 1800.Naval architecture -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Naval architecture -- Early works to 1800.Newby Hall -- Stamp.Perspective -- Early works to 1800.Steel, D. -- Publisher.
- Handbooks and manuals.
YCBA Collections Search
Cobin, A, Short and plain principles of linear perspective, adapted to naval architecture , 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.