IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The Victorian illustrated book , c2002
The Victorian illustrated book / edited by Richard Maxwell.
- Charlottesville : University Press of Virginia, c2002.
- Physical Description:
- xxx, 440 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNC978 .V53 2002 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Illustration of books -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Illustration of books, Victorian -- Great Britain.
- Walter Scott, historical fiction, and the genesis of the Victorian illustrated book / Richard Maxwell
- Illustrations of time: watches, dials, and clocks in Victorian pictures / Steven Dillon
- Serial illustration and storytelling in David Copperfield / Robert L. Patten
- Maps and metaphors: topographical representation and the sense of place in late-Victorian fiction / Simon Joyce
- Literal illustration in Victorian print / Herbert F. Tucker
- William Morris before Kelmscott: poetry and design in the 1860s / Elizabeth K. Helsinger
- Beyond reading: Kelmscott and the modern / Jeffrey Skoblow
- Aubrey Beardsley "embroiders" the literary text / Nicholas Frankel
- Alvin Langdon Coburn's frontispieces to Henry James's New York edition: pictures of an institutional imaginary / Charles Harmon
- City scenes: commerce, utopia, and the birth of the picture book / Katie Trumpener
- Afterword: the destruction, rebirth, and apotheosis of the Victorian illustrated book / Richard Maxwell.