Cibber, Colley, 1671-1757, An apology for the life of Colley Cibber , MCMXXV 
- An apology for the life of Colley Cibber : comedian, and late patentee of the Theatre-Royal / written by himself.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Twyford, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXV 
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3347 .A8 1925Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition of Colley Cibber's autobiography was printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham St. Lawrence, Twyford, Berkshire, and completed on the 5th day of August, 1925. The text, with modern modifications of spelling and punctuation, was taken from the edition of 1756, printed for R. & J. Dodsley, in Pall Mall. 450 copies have been printed."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 29
SML,Y Ik C482 740L: No. 226 of an ed. of 450 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 20 of 450. Bound in white quarter buckram with tan paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Cibber, Colley, 1671-1757.English drama -- History and criticism.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Theater -- Great Britain -- History.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.