Africa: being an accurate description of the regions of AEgypt, Barbary, Lybia, and Billedulgerid, the land of Negroes, Guinee, AEthiopia, and the Abyssines, with all the adjacent islands... Collected and translated from most authentick authors...by John Ogilby.
- London, Printed by T. Johnson for the author, 1670.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p. l., 767,  p. front., illus., plates (part double) maps (part fold.) double plans, tables. 42cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAtlas 15Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BEIN 1986 Folio 29: Imperfect: 2 maps (Tunis and Lovando St. Paulo) wanting.
BEIN 1986 Folio 29: In this Beinecke copy, the 1st prelimin. leaf bears text "English atlas, tome the first" and the "Catalog" is on the 8th prelim. leaf.
Title in red and black; intials; head-pieces.
"A catalogue of the names of the general authors, both ancient and modern, besides later voyagers, consulted to the carrying on of this first volume": 7th prelim. leaf.
Wing (2nd ed.) O163
- Subject Terms:
- Africa -- Description and travel.Boynton, Griffith -- Autograph and ms notes (BEIN 1986 Folio 29)Hodgdon, Ernest F. -- Stamp (BEIN 1986 Folio 29)Islands of the Atlantic.Islands of the Indian Ocean.
YCBA Collections Search
Ogilby, John, 1600-1676, Africa: being an accurate description of the regions of AEgypt, Barbary, Lybia, and Billedulgerid,, 1670
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.