Memoirs of the life of the late John Mytton, Esq., of Halston, Shropshire ... : with notices of his hunting, shooting, driving, racing, eccentric and extravagant exploits / by Nimrod ; with numerous illustrations by H. Alken and T.J. Rawlins.
- Second edition, reprinted (with considerable additions) from the New sporting magazine.
- London : Rudolph Ackermann, Eclipse Sporting Gallery, and New Sporting Magazine Office, 191 Regent Street, 1837.
London : Walter Spiers, printer, 399, Oxford Street
- Physical Description:
- , ix, , 206,  pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCT9991.M98 N5 1837Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Originally issued in 1835.
Nimrod is the pseudonym of Charles James Apperley.
Aquatint by Edward Duncan.
With an added engraved title page.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 385
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped dark green cloth. Includes publisher's advertisements,  pages at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Eccentrics and eccentricities -- England -- Shropshire -- Biography.Hunting -- Great Britain.Mytton, John, 1796-1834.Shropshire (England) -- Biography.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1851.
Engravings -- 1851.
YCBA Collections Search
Nimrod, 1778-1843, Memoirs of the life of the late John Mytton, Esq., of Halston, Shropshire ... , 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.