Memoirs of the life of the late John Mytton, Esq., of Halston, Shropshire ... : with notices of his hunting, shooting, driving, racing, eccentric and extravagant exploits / by Nimrod ; with numerous illustrations by H. Alken and T.J. Rawlins.
- Second edition, reprinted (with considerable additions) from the New sporting magazine.
- London : Rudolph Ackermann, Eclipse Sporting Gallery, and New Sporting Magazine Office, 191 Regent Street, 1837.
London : Walter Spiers, printer, 399, Oxford Street
- Physical Description:
- , ix, , 206,  pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCT9991.M98 N5 1837Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Originally issued in 1835.
Nimrod is the pseudonym of Charles James Apperley.
Aquatint by Edward Duncan.
With an added engraved title page.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 385
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped dark green cloth. Includes publisher's advertisements,  pages at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Eccentrics and eccentricities -- England -- Shropshire -- Biography.Hunting -- Great Britain.Mytton, John, 1796-1834.Shropshire (England) -- Biography.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1851.
Engravings -- 1851.
YCBA Collections Search
Nimrod, 1778-1843, Memoirs of the life of the late John Mytton, Esq., of Halston, Shropshire ... , 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.