The Legacy of England , 1935
- The Legacy of England : an illustrated survey of the works of man in the English country / with contributions by Adrian Bell, George A. Birmingham, Edmund Blunden, Ivor Brown, Bernard Darwin, Charles Bradley Ford, R. H. Mottram, G. M. Young ; and 144 illustrations from photographs.
- London : B. T. Batsford Ltd., 1935.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 248 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 19 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA110 .L44 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- American edition (New York, C. Scribner's Sons; London, B. T. Batsford ltd.) has title: The Soul of England.
Listed as 1st edition.
On verso of t.p.: First published, November 1935.
Series title at head of t.p.
Title within single rules.
Bound in original blue green cloth with lettering in brown on upper cover and spine. With dust jacket.
- The Landscape / by Edmund Blunden -- The Farm / by Adrian Bell -- The Village / by Charles Bradley Ford -- The Country house / by G. M. Young -- The Country town / by R. H. Mottram -- The Country church / by George A. Birmingham -- The Inn / by Ivor Brown -- Sport in the country / by Bernard Darwin.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Description and travel.