IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The Legacy of England , 1935
The Legacy of England : an illustrated survey of the works of man in the English country / with contributions by Adrian Bell, George A. Birmingham, Edmund Blunden, Ivor Brown, Bernard Darwin, Charles Bradley Ford, R. H. Mottram, G. M. Young ; and 144 illustrations from photographs.
- London : B. T. Batsford Ltd., 1935.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 248 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 19 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA110 .L44 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- American edition (New York, C. Scribner's Sons; London, B. T. Batsford ltd.) has title: The Soul of England.
Listed as 1st edition.
On verso of t.p.: First published, November 1935.
Series title at head of t.p.
Title within single rules.
BAC,REF DA110 L44 (LC): Bound in original blue green cloth with lettering in brown on upper cover and spine. With dust jacket.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Description and travel.
- The Landscape / by Edmund Blunden
- The Farm / by Adrian Bell
- The Village / by Charles Bradley Ford
- The Country house / by G. M. Young
- The Country town / by R. H. Mottram
- The Country church / by George A. Birmingham
- The Inn / by Ivor Brown
- Sport in the country / by Bernard Darwin.