IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Walsh, Thomas, fl. 1801, Journal of the late campaign in Egypt , 1803
Journal of the late campaign in Egypt : including descriptions of that country, and of Gibralter, Minorca, Malta, Marmorice, and Macri : with an appendix, containing official papers and documents / by Thomas Walsh, Captain in His Majesty's ninety-third regiment of foot, aide-de-camp to Major-General Sir Eyre Coots, K. B. and K.c. M. P. &c. ; illustrated by numerous engravings of antiquities, views, costumes, plans, positions, &c.
- London : Printed by Luke Hansard, for T. Cadell, Jun. and W. Davies, in the Strand, 1803.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 261, , *145,  p., 49 [i.e.41] leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., maps (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC225 .W35 1803+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Engravings by Samuel John Neele, after Thomas Walsh.
Maps printed by A. Arrowsmith and Cadell & Davies.
"This is the second edition, the first was published in 1801, and there were at least two more editions. The book was published in French, Paris, 1823."--Abbey.
List of subscribers: p. -.
Directions to the binder for placing the plates: p. -
"Appendix, containing original and authentic papers and documents relative to the campaign"--, *145 p. at end.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 266
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary half-calf with marbled boards. Bookplate: Lord Vivian.
- Subject Terms:
- Arrowsmith, A. -- Printer.Cadell & Davies -- Printer.Egypt -- History -- French occupation, 1798-1801.French -- Egypt -- History -- 19th century.Gibraltar -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- History, Military -- 19th century.Hansard, Luke -- Printer.Malta -- Description and travel.Mediterranean Sea -- Description and travel.Minorca -- Description and travel.Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815 -- Campaign -- Egypt.T. Cadell, Jun. and W. Davies -- Publisher.Vivian, Lord -- Bookplate
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1803.
Engravings -- 1803.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.