Sotheby, William, 1757-1833, A tour through parts of Wales , 1794
- A tour through parts of Wales : sonnets, odes, and other poems, with engravings from drawings taken on the spot, by J. Smith / by W. Sotheby, Esq.
- Alternate Title(s):
- London : Printed by J. Smeeton, in St. Martin's Lane, for R. Blamire, Strand, near Charing Cross, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- , 120 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5459.S6 A755 1794+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5459.S6 A755 1794+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatints by Samuel Alken; after John Smith.
ESTC (RLIN), T101645
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 513
BEIN: Beinecke copy imperfect: half title wanting. (1987 +82)
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf, with hand-colored illustrations. Copy 2 bound in tree calf, with un-colored illustrations.
- Tour through parts of Wales -- Sonnets -- Odes -- Physiognomy -- Castle-building -- Llangollen. and Plates: Remains of the Castle at Abergavenny -- Caerfily Castle -- Pont-y-prid -- Melincourt Cascade -- Caraig-connin Castle -- Dinevanr Castle -- Haverford West Castle -- Neivegal Sands, St. Brides Bay -- Pont-aberglaslyn -- Snowdon from Capel careig -- The Eagle Tower Caernarvon Castle -- Druidical remains in Angelsey -- Llangollen.
- Subject Terms:
- Berens, Alexander A. -- Bookplate.Blamire, R. -- Publisher.Poetry of places -- Wales -- Early works to 1800.Smeeton, J. -- Printer.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Bookplate.Wales -- Description and travel -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.Wales -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.
- Aquatints -- 1794.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1794.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.