A tour through parts of Wales : sonnets, odes, and other poems, with engravings from drawings taken on the spot, by J. Smith / by W. Sotheby, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Printed by J. Smeeton, in St. Martin's Lane, for R. Blamire, Strand, near Charing Cross, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- , 120 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5459.S6 A755 1794+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5459.S6 A755 1794+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatints by Samuel Alken; after John Smith.
English short title catalogue, T101645
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 513
BEIN: Beinecke copy imperfect: half title wanting. (1987 +82)
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf, with hand-colored illustrations. Copy 2 bound in tree calf, with un-colored illustrations.
- Subject Terms:
- Berens, Alexander A. -- Bookplate.Blamire, R. -- Publisher.Poetry of places -- Wales -- Early works to 1800.Smeeton, J. -- Printer.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Bookplate.Wales -- Description and travel -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.Wales -- Poetry -- Early works to 1800.
- Aquatints -- 1794.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1794.
- Tour through parts of Wales
- Plates: Remains of the Castle at Abergavenny
- Caerfily Castle
- Melincourt Cascade
- Caraig-connin Castle
- Dinevanr Castle
- Haverford West Castle
- Neivegal Sands, St. Brides Bay
- Snowdon from Capel careig
- The Eagle Tower Caernarvon Castle
- Druidical remains in Angelsey