IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Osborn, Sherard, 1822-1875, Stray leaves from an Arctic journal, or, Eighteen months in the polar regions, in search of Sir John Franklin's expedition, in the years 1850-51 , 1852
Stray leaves from an Arctic journal, or, Eighteen months in the polar regions, in search of Sir John Franklin's expedition, in the years 1850-51 / by Sherard Osborn.
- Additional Title(s):
Stray leaves from an Arctic journal.
Eighteen months in the polar regions.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1852.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 320 p.,  leaves of plates (some fold.) : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG665.1850 O73Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Expedition by H.M.S. vessel "Pioneer" under the command of the author.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 640.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by M. & N. Hanhart; after Sherard Osborn.
Printed by Spottiswoodes and Shaw, New-Street-Square.
- Subject Terms:
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration -- British.Franklin, John, 1786-1847.John Franklin Arctic Expedition (1845-1851)Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans -- Publisher.Osborn, Sherard, 1822-1875.Pioneer (Ship)Spottiswoodes and Shaw -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1852.
Wilde Americk - Discovery and Exploration of the New World, 1500-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-09-27 - 2001-09-27) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.