Italian scenery : representing the manners, customs, and amusements of the different states of Italy / containing thirty-two coloured engravings by James Godby, from original drawings by P. van Lerberghi ; the narrative by M. Buonaiuti.
- London : Printed for T. MʻLean by Howlett and Brimmer, 1823.
- Physical Description:
-  p,  leaves of plates : ill., music ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG449 .G63 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 169
BEIN 2005 Folio 151: Imperfect: plates XI and XVIII wanting.
Text in English and French.
A larger edition of this title was originally published by Orme in 1806. (Abbey, Travel 164).
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary gilt-tooled green morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Costume -- Italy.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1823.Italy -- Pictorial works.Italy -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.McLean, Thomas -- Publisher.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1823.
- Hand-colored illustrations.
- The Lazzaronis
- Dance of the Lazzaroni children
- Neopolitans eating macaroni
- The fishmonger
- A Callessino, or Hackney Chaise
- Dance of the Tarantella
- Playing at the Ring
- Washing-place at Torre del Greco
- Country eating house
- Hermitage of Capua
- Fountain of Capua
- Interior of a House at Fondi
- The Roman family and the Temple of Minerva Medica
- The Fish Market at Rome, and Portico of Octavia
- The Game of Bumble-Puppy, and the Temple of Vesta
- Street Singers
- Protestant Church-yard at Rome, with the Pyramid of Caius Cestius
- A Fountain near Rome
- The Capuchin
- A direction post in the highway near Rome
- Confessional of Albano
- The Vintage
- The Temple of Hercules at Cori
- The Game of Mora
- A Piedmontese Dance
- The Fountain of Mosso
- The Travelling Tinker
- The Catechism
- The Miners of Frisante
- A Country Inn in Piedmont
- The Young Savoyard's Departure
- The Young Savoyard's Return.