Sketches illustrative of the manners and costumes of France, Switzerland, and Italy / by R. Bridgens.
- Additional Title(s):
Costumes of Italy, Switzerland and France
- London : Published by Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, Paternoster, Row; and Hatchard and Son, Piccadilly, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- , iv,  p.,  leaves,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT967 .B75 1821+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Half-title leaf with colored engraving: Costumes of Italy Switzerland and France. Drawn & etch'd by R. Bridgens.
Printed by C. Baldwin, New Bridge Street, London.
Text by John William Polidari. Cf. Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 21
Lipperheidesche Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), 572
Colas, R. Costume, 444
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- France -- History -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Italy -- History -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Switzerland -- History -- 19th century.France -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Italy -- Social life and customs.Switzerland -- Social life and customs.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
YCBA Collections Search
Bridgens, Richard, Sketches illustrative of the manners and costumes of France, Switzerland, and Italy , 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.