Moments of fancy and whim / by Henry Alken.
- Additional Title(s):
Moments of fancy
- London : Thomas M'Lean, Repository of Wit and Humour, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 14 leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 29 x 44 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 57 Copy 3Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from cover.
The plates have running title: Moments of fancy.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 40.
Van Devanter, W. Checklist of books illustrated by Henry Alken, 48
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed), p. 71
BAC: British Art Center copy is part of a compilation of titles by Henry Alken issued by his publisher T. McLean with the title British sportsman's vade mecum. Bound in gilt-tooled brown calf. Plates mounted.
Scenes depicting humorous sporting and domestic incidents.
- Subject Terms:
- English wit and humor, Pictorial.Flick, Reuben Jay -- Bookplate.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Regency -- England.Satire, English.
- Hand-colored illustrations.
Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
- A phaeton and four
- Not a bit of fancy
- Real English fancy
- A fancy man
- Past consideration
- Got an engagement
- There is a pleasure in being mad
- A day nurse
- Who would bear the many shocks that flesh is heir to
- How dangerous it is, that this man goes loose
- No fancy for a waggon
- Playing at soldiers
- As the things used to be done
- Good for neither or the other.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.