IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hume, David, 1711-1776, The history of England, from the invasion of Julius Caesar to the revolution in 1688 , 1806
The history of England, from the invasion of Julius Caesar to the revolution in 1688 / by David Hume.
- London : Printed by T. Bensley for R. Bowyer, 1806.
- Physical Description:
- 5 v. in 10 : ill. ; 48 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 37Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. William R. GinsbergView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Vol. 1 [pt. 1] has added t.-p.
The life of ... Hume, written by himself: v. 1 [pt. 1] p. i-viii.
Illustrations by by Anker Smith, Francesco Bartolozzi, James Fittler, Thomas Milton, John Landseer, William Sharp, James Newton, Philippe Jacques de Loutherbourg, Jean Marie Delatre, [i.e. Delattre], William Skelton, James Stow, William Bromley, Isaac Taylor, Jr., George Noble, E. W. Thomson, Robert Slann, Charles Jagger, Joseph Saunders, Thomas Medland, J. Thompson, James Neagle, James Parker, Luigi Schiavonetti, John Hall, T. Chapman and Wilson Lowry, Thomas Holloway, W. E. Thompson, J. Taylor, E. Thompson, William Henry Worthington, J. G. Walker, Paton Thomson, L. Roffe, James Chapman, William Thompson, C. Blackberd, James Thompson, Benjamin Thomas Pouncy, Richard Rhodes, Joseph Collyer, William Byrne, and Drayton; after Allan Ramsay, Henry Tresham, Robert Smirke, Edward Francis Burney, Philippe Jacques de Loutherbourg, John Opie, Charles Reuben Ryley, John Landseer, William Hamilton, Richard Westall, Francis Wheatley, Henry Singleton, Benjamin West, Maria Louisa Catherine Cecilia Hadfield Cosway, Richard Rhodes, Robert Cleveley, J. T. [i.e. John Francis] Rigaud, Henry Fuseli, William Hodges, Thomas Stothard, James Northcote, Farington, Robert Cooper, Serres, and Arthur Pond.
- Subject Terms:
- Bensley, T. -- Printer.Bowyer, Robert -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1806.Great Britain -- History.
- IIIF Manifest:
- V. I, part I. Heptarchy to Stephen
- v. I, part II. Henry II to Edward I
- v. II, part I. Edward II to Edward IV
- v. II, part II. Edward V to Henry VIII
- v. III, part I. Edward VI to Elizabeth
- v. III, part II. Elizabeth to James I
- v. IV, part I. Charles I
- v. IV, part II. Commonwealth to Charles II
- v. V, part I. Charles II to James II.
- v. V, part II. Notes.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.