Original sketches from nature , Jany. 2, 1804
- Original sketches from nature / by various masters.
- London : Published ... by John P. Thompson, Jany. 2, 1804.
- Physical Description:
- 16 prints : crayon manner ; sheets 32 x 46 cm, or smaller
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B N 20Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes depictions of cattle, fowl, lions, and figures in rural dress.
The set includes prints previously issued by other publishers. Six prints have imprint: "London, Pubd. Jany. 1, 1795, by T. Simpson ... and Darling & Thompson ...". Five of these six are after James Ward, the sixth is unattributed; the printmaker, where named, is John Whessell. Three prints have imprint: "London, Pubd. Jany 1, 1796 by John P. Thompson ...". The printmaker for all three is John Whessell, after T. Barrett and Julius Ibbetson. The seven remaining prints, including the title print, have imprint: "London, Published Jany. 2, 1804, by John P. Thompson ..." They include prints by "J.T." and John Whessell, after James Ward and George Morland.
- Subject Terms:
- Cattle.Game and game birds.Hunting.Lions.
- Drawing books.
Crayon manner prints.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.