Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, A catalog of the classic contents of Strawberry Hill collected by Horace Walpole, 
- A catalog of the classic contents of Strawberry Hill collected by Horace Walpole.
- [London] Smith and Robins, printers 
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 250 p. front. (port.) illus. 28 x 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ997 W22 1975 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Engraved t.-p.
Sold by George Robins, the auctioneer. The sale was advertised to occupy twenty-four days, from April 25th to May 21st. The catalogue was badly compiled, and so much dissatisfaction was expressed at the intention of selling some of the collections en masse, that the contents of the seventh and eighth days' sale, which consisted of prints, drawings and illustrated books, were withdrawn, recatalogued, and disposed of at a sale at Robins's rooms at Covent Garden, which lasted from the 13th to the 23rd of June. The amount realized at the sale at Strawberry Hill was £29,612, and at that in London, £3,837. The library, consisting of books, manuscripts, prints, etc., sold for about £7,740. Cf. Fletcher, English book collectors, p. 214.
Photocopy. Ann Arbor, Mich., University Microfilms, 1975. xxiv, 250 p. (on double leaves) 20 cm.
- Subject Terms:
- Art objects -- Private collections.Engraving -- Private collections.Manuscripts -- Catalogs.Rare books.Strawberry Hill (Twickenham, London, England) -- Art collections.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Art collections.