Sacred allegories / by the Rev. William Adams, M. A. ; late fellow of Merton College, Oxford.
- New edition / with engravings from the original designs by Charles W. Cope, R. A., John C. Horsely, A.R.A., Samuel Palmer, Birket Foster, and George E. Hicks.
- London; Rivingtons, 1869.
Oxford; Rivingtons, 1869.
Cambridge : Rivingtons, 1869.
- Physical Description:
- 296 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBV4515 .A33 1869Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wood engravings by Edmund Evans, W. T. Green, Thomas Bolton, William Measom, Horace Harral, and Dalziel; after Birkett Foster, George E. Hicks, Samuel Palmer, John C. Horsely, Charles W. Cope, and Thomas Robert Macquoid.
Printed by Muir and Paterson, Edinburgh.
Includes head- and tail-pieces.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt- and black-stamped green morocco by Burn & Co. Inscribed: Presented to Miss Jamieson with the kind regards & best wishes of her Sunday school class. Wannambool 25 July 1873.
- Subject Terms:
- Allegories.Bible -- Theology.Burn and Co. -- Binder.Christian ethics.Christian life.Ethics in the Bible.Jamieson, Miss -- Pres. insc. from her Sunday school class, July, 1873 -- Provenance.Muir and Paterson -- Printer.Rivingtons -- Publisher.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance
- Wood engravings -- 1869.
- Memoir of the author
- The shadow of the Cross
- The distant hills
- The old man's home
- The King's messengers.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.