Aytoun, William Edmondstoune, 1813-1865, Lays of the Scottish cavaliers , MDCCCLXIII 
- Lays of the Scottish cavaliers : and other poems / by William Edmondstoune Aytoun D.C.L., professor of rhetoric and English literature in the University of Edinburgh ; with illustrations by Joseph Noel Paton, R.S.A., and Waller H. Paton.
- [Edinburgh] : William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh and London, MDCCCLXIII 
- Physical Description:
- 268,  p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4047 .L39 1863Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wood engravings by John Adam, Dalziel Brothers, William Luson Thomas, John Thompson, W.J. Linton, E. Evans, Josiah Wood Whymper, Robert Paterson, J. (James Davis?) Cooper, and W.T. Green.
Printed by R. & R. Clark, Edinburgh.
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt-stamped dark red textured cloth, with gilt edges. Binding may have been designed by Paton.
- Subject Terms:
- Dundee, John Graham of Claverhouse, Viscount, 1648-1689.Macaulay, Thomas Babington Macaulay, Baron, 1800-1859. History of England.R. & R. Clark -- Printer.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Scotland -- History -- Poetry.W. Blackwood and Sons -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1863.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.