Palgrave, Francis Turner, 1824-1897, Essays on art,, 1866
Essays on art, by Francis Turner Palgrave.
- London and Macmillan and co., 1866.
Cambridge, Macmillan and co., 1866.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 315,  p. 18 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7445 P2 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "Most of the ... essays have appeared in the Saturday review, and elsewhere."--Pref.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Great Britain -- History.Art.
- The Royal academy of 1863.--The Royal academy of 1864.--The Royal academy of 1865.--Mulready.--Dyce and William Hunt.--Hippolyte Flandrin.--Herbert's "Delivery of the law".--Recent works by Holman Hunt.--Exhibition of F. Madox Brown.--George Cruikshank.--Japanese art.--Sensational art.--Poetry and prose in art.--Lost treasures.--Behnes the sculptor.--Thorvaldsen's life and works.--The Farnese marbles.--On the position of sculpture in England.--Sculpture and painting.--Triqueti's "Marmor homericum".--The Albert cross and English monumental sculpture.--Thackeray in the Abbey.--New Paris.