Contemporary art and the home , 2002
- Contemporary art and the home / edited by Colin Painter.
- Oxford ; Berg, 2002.
New York : Berg, 2002.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 265 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNK2115.5.A77 C66 2002 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "New Audiences, the Arts Council of England."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The at home with art project : a summary / Colin Painter -- Audiences for contemporary art : assertions vs evidence / Sara Selwood -- Domestic disturbances : challenging the anti-domestic modern / Christopher Reed -- House-trained objects : notes toward writing an alternative history of modern art / Tanya Harrod -- The art of home-making and the design industries / Tim Putnam -- What would we do without it? a few thoughts about reproduction in the history of art / Anthony Hughes -- Accommodating / Daniel Miller -- Taste wars and design dilemmas : aesthetic practice in the home / Alison J. Clarke -- What happened at home with art : tracing the experience of consumers / Rebecca Leach -- Mass-production, distribution and destination / Richard Deacon, Antony Gormley and Alison Wilding -- Images, contemporary art and the home / Colin Painter -- Avant-garde and kitsch revisited / Andrew Brighton.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Marketing -- Great Britain.Art in interior decoration.Interior decoration -- Great Britain.Sculpture, British -- 20th century.