Lytton, Edward Bulwer Lytton, Baron, 1803-1873, The last days of Pompeii , 1879
The last days of Pompeii / by Edward Bulwer, Lord Lytton.
- Second copyright edition.
- Leipzig : Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1879.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 444 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4912 .A1 1879Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Originally published: London: R. Bentley, 1834.
Illustrated with photographs of the ruins and antiquities of Pompeii.
BAC: Bound in parchment with design colored in green with gilt-stamped vine design. Title blocked in gold and green. Spine blocked in gold and blue. With gilt edges. Design repeated on lower board. Binder's ticket of Giulio Giannini of Florence.
- Subject Terms:
- Giannini, Giulio -- Bookbinder.Pompeii (Extinct city) -- Fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Vesuvius (Italy) -- Eruption, 79 -- Fiction.
- Photographs -- 1879.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.