Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870, American notes and Pictures from Italy , [1878?]
American notes and Pictures from Italy / by Charles Dickens with eighteen illustrations by A.B. Frost and Gordon Thomson.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193 Piccadilly [1878?]
- Physical Description:
- , 210 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4572 .A44 1878Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by the Dalziels,
Possibly part of Household edition of the works of Dickens.
Printed by Virtue and Co., Limited, City Road, London.
Possible date of publication from Topp.
Text printed in double columns. Paged continuously.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 617
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half green morocco and marbled boards, with marbled endpapers. Bookplate: Rachel Baker Gale.
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman and Hall -- Publisher.Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870 -- Travel -- Italy.Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870 -- Travel -- United States.Gale, Rachel Baker -- Bookplate.Italy -- Description and travel -- 19th century.Italy -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.United States -- Description and travel.United States -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Virtue and Co. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1878.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.