Hard times / by Charles Dickens ; with twenty illustrations by H. French.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193 Piccadilly, 
- Physical Description:
- , 134 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4561 .A1 1877Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wood engravings by Dalziel, after Henry French.
Printed by Virtue and Co., London.
Date of publication from Topp.
Text printed in double columns.
With a wood-engraved vignette on the title page.
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 1849-1905, v. 3, 580
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary three-quarter green roan and marbled boards, with marbled endpapers. Bookplate: Rachel Baker Gale.
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman and Hall -- PublisherEnglish fiction -- 19th century.Gale, Rachel Baker -- Bookplate.Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 19th century -- Fiction.Labor exploitation -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century -- Fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Utilitarianism -- Fiction.Virtue and Co. -- Printer.
- Political fiction.
Wood engravings -- 1877.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.